FBA fees in the U.S. have been adjusted to reflect the changing costs of storage, fulfillment, transportation, and customer service. The new rates took effect February 22, 2017. In addition to updating our storage and fulfillment fees, FBA has made the following changes:
- Consolidation of fulfillment fees:Effective February 22, 2017, the order handling, Pick & Pack, and weight handling fees have been consolidated into a single, per-unit fulfillment fee. For more information, see FBA fulfillment fees, below.
- Alignment of Q4 fulfillment fees:Effective October 1, 2017, we will reduce the fulfillment fee for all items shipped in October. October fulfillment fees will be consistent with fulfillment fees in November and December. For more information, see FBA fulfillment fees, below. With the reduction in fulfillment fees, if you reduce the storage space you use in October, you have the opportunity to pay lower total FBA fees in October.
- Alignment of Q4 monthly inventory storage fees:Effective October 1, 2017, the monthly inventory storage fee for October will be increased for standard-size and oversize items to be consistent with the monthly inventory storage fees for November and December. For more information, see Monthly inventory storage fees, below.
- Change to shipment requirements:Effective July 19, 2017, Amazon will increase how often you are asked to send items to multiple destinations when creating your shipping plan. For each shipping plan, you may choose to follow Amazon’s guidance or use the Inventory Placement Service, which gives you the option to ship to fewer destinations. A per-item service fee applies when you use the Inventory Placement Service. The fee depends upon the number of destinations you choose. For more information, see Inventory Placement Service fees, below.
- Higher fees for media products:Effective February 22, 2017, fulfillment fees for media items have been increased to be the same as the fulfillment fees for non-media items, and media and non-media items have been consolidated into a single standard-size tier.
- Elimination of Zero-Fee Fulfillment:Effective February 22, 2017, the Zero-Fee Fulfillment discount for standard-sized items that sell for $300 or more has been discontinued. Fees based on the product size tier now apply. For more information, see Product examples, below.