The important piece of the puzzle to setting up an Amazon FBA business is how you get your stock in bulk from the factory to the FBA warehouses. On the surface, it can be very complicated. Every country has different customs processes and Amazon have some pretty complex requirements for how they need your items to be delivered.
Thankfully there are plenty of companies that deal with all the hassle for you and make it really easy, they are known as freight forwarders and customs brokers. I recommend FORESTSHIPPING. We are funded by Google, have a really good online interface and due to the transparent price comparison service, are cheap.
The steps are fairly simple:
- The factory delivers the stock to the FORESTSHIPPING freight forwarder.
- The freight forwarder gets the stock into your destination country and deals with all taxes and paperwork.
- The freight forwarder hands the stock over to the Amazon partnered couriers who books them into the FBA warehouses.
Simple eh? Well that’s the basics of an Amazon FBA business:
- Find a factory on Alibaba.
- Open conversations with them and design your product.
- Get a large batch of the item manufactured.
- Use a freight forwarder such as FORESTSHIPPING to get the items from the factory to Amazon.
- Get marketing and sell your items.