Amazon breaks their fees down first by item type: media (cds), non-media (phone cases), oversize items (furniture), and then zero fee fulfillment ($300+ software). For your items,
expect fees for the following FBA services:
- Order handling per customer order
- Pick&Pack per unit order by customer
- Weight handling per pound per unit ordered by customer
- Storage per cubic foot per month (rates vary by time of year)
For example, a DVD order placed on Amazon.com would cost you a total of $1.55 to fulfill: $0 for Handling, $1.04 for Pick & Pack, $0.50 for Weight Handling, and $0.01 for storage.
However, costs changes for items sold on any other sales than Amazon.com. The same DVD, say if sold on your own website, would instead cost you a total of $2.96 to fulfill : $1.90 for Order Handling, $0.60 for Pick & Pack, $0.45 for Weight Handling, and $0.01 for storage.For more examples of standard items, check out Amazon’s FBA Fees.
There are other scenarios where additional fees apply. These type of instances can cause a change in standard pricing:
- Oversized items have special Handing Fees per shipment.
- There are additional storage fees for inventory stored for six months are longer.
- Store rates vary by time of year,the cost per cubic foot per month will increase for Oct-Dec.
- Other fees can apply such as prep service fees or fees for processing customer returns in specific categories.